In 1899, Louis, Marcel and Fernand Renault founded a car company that bore their name. And today, that same company is the third largest automobile producer in the whole of Europe. From tractors to tanks; buses to coaches, Renault made just about every conceivable land vehicle in its early days, before focusing solely on the cars and vans we all know and love. With the French Government owning a 15 per cent stake in the company’s shares, Renault’s enduring popularity is self-evident.
And with such a high-profile reputation in the motoring world, it’s hardly surprising that Renault offers quality in abundance across its extensive range of vehicles. Nevertheless, you’ll be a lot more comfortable once you’ve taken out an extended Renault warranty with MotorEasy. Unexpected failures can and do happen, which is why we’re here to help if you suddenly find yourself met with repair costs that are through the sun-roof!
Why Do I Need A Warranty For My Renault?
Our warranties are designed to offer the best combination of cover and value, delivering many features that aren’t available with a Renault manufacturer warranty. Our plans cover:
- Failures identified during MOTs and servicing
- Wear and tear – a feature not present in a standard Renault manufacturer warranty
- Consequential damage as standard, meaning repairs or replacements are covered when directly impacted by a failure
- Failures caused by overheating
- Air conditioning problems
The Benefits Of A MotorEasy Warranty
Having a MotorEasy warranty for your Renault means you will also have access to benefits like:
- Our monitored repair process tracking workshop progress and ensuring work is completed to agreed standards
- We pay network garages directly, meaning you are never out of pocket
- Access to our network of 10,000 garages nationwide
- Collection and delivery from your home or work
- 24/7 online booking
- Free online account area where you can create a digital logbook for your car, with access to useful reminder dates and a range of value-add discounts
MotorEasy provides warranties across the Renault range and these benefits are available for warranties on all manufacturers. Enter your registration and mileage in our quote engine to choose a plan tailored to your Renault’s age and condition. You can also opt for a Lite plan, designed to pay-out in the event that your car has broken down and needs roadside recovery.
Renault Reliability: A MotorEasy Study
The MotorEasy Reliability Index measures the dependability of a car, as an average of the frequency and cost of repairs for over 1,200 models. It reveals some of the hidden costs of ownership, as well as the likelihood of something going wrong. Each model is given a reliability score ranging from -100 (red), for a high frequency and/or high cost of repair, through to +100 (green), where there is a low frequency and cost of repair.
The index also includes model-specific data on:
- The typical repairs needed for each model, including the percentage of claims for engine, gearbox, electrical system, suspension, braking system and fuel system repairs.
- The average cost for each of the above types of repairs
Select from the list below to view Renault reliability index data:
How Do I Get A Renault Warranty Quote?
For a free online warranty quote for your Renault, just head to our quote generator. You’ll be asked to fill in your car’s registration number along with some personal information. You’ll then receive your Renault warranty quote online right there and then; it really couldn’t be easier!
Talking to someone is an option, too. You can chat with a member of our team on freephone 0800 131 0001 to discuss what you hope to get out of your Renault warranty with MotorEasy.
Recent Paid Maintenance and Repairs for Renault Cars
Repairing your Renault when something goes wrong under the bonnet can be costly. You’ll want to get to grips with the most common repairs associated with models in the Renault range, so you can make the right decision warranty-wise. For examples of how to ensure what’s what, take a look at our guide below:
- Megane: When the ABS pump went in one of these cars, it could have ended up costing the owner a whopping £1,183.20 to put right. It is vital that you take out a Renault warranty with MotorEasy to avoid having to pay such hefty bills upfront, especially if they appear completely out of the blue.
- Trafic: When one owner brought their vehicle in needing new drive chains and a complete engine replacement, they were presented with a bill totalling an even – but expensive! – £3,682, including diagnostics, parts and labour costs, luckily MotorEasy were on hand to pick up the bill for them. Put unexpected repair costs behind you by taking out a comprehensive Renault warranty with MotorEasy today.
- Grand Modus: We restored the hydraulic valve block in one of these cars for £1,565.05. Such big bills mean many motorists are forced to reach further into their already strained pockets. Take some of the burdens off your bank balance when you obtain extended warranty coverage for your Renault through MotorEasy.
- Laguna: When the dual mass flywheel needed restoring in one of these Renault models, the final estimate was a staggering £1,145.04. Take out a Renault warranty with MotorEasy to cover any unexpected mechanical or electrical faults.
- Scenic: One owner brought their vehicle in needing work doing to the clutch plate. Including diagnostics, parts and labour costs, the job totalled £1,315.10. Fortunately, MotorEasy could pick up the bill for them because they had taken out a comprehensive Renault warranty with us.
- Twingo: Internal faults in these cars can cost anywhere between £238.06 for repairing the starter motor to £451.20 for work on the radiator. Motorists shouldn't have to deal with this extra strain, which is why obtaining extended warranty coverage for your Renault through MotorEasy is such a good idea.